I would think most of us perform these tests on the febrile young infant
 (and certainly so for the febrile neonate) routinely and automatically.
 Does anyone have a non-invasive early goal directed therapy (EGDT)
protocol they initiate in situations of pediatric sepsis and SIRS and what
specifically?  (looking for more than the kid with overt sepsis signs-
fever or hypothermia, hypotension/ delayed cap refill, and altered mental
status).  Does anyone's protocol include getting a screening  serum lactate
level that is used when considering who meets sepsis (treatment) protocols?
 Is there (new) data to support this?

thank you.

Scott

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Shar Burr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Peds ER - Sepsis Protocol
>
> CBC with Automated Diff
> Mini Screen
> Urinalysis
> Urine Culture
> Blood Culture
> RSV - seasonal
> Influenza AB- seasonal
>
> Lumbar Puncture
> General Viral Culture
> Protein -CSF
> Glucose -CSF
> CSF Cell Count
> CSF Culture - include Gram Stain.
>
> > Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:52:43 -0700
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Re: Sepsis protocols
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > I have also been charged with development of a sepsis protocol, please
> forward any information to myself not shared on the group list.
> >
> > THANK YOU!
> >
> > PS I will respond to you directly John

Scott H. Freedman, MD, FACEP, FAAP
Medical Director,  Pediatric Quality