If the kid is not emancipated and you can't reach a parent after medical screening determines there is not an emergency we tell them we can't see them. I have been that if you do without permission ( verbal telephonic or otherwise from a responsible adult) you may be charged with assault and battery, if the parent wants to press charges. you can't treat aminor witohut permission.unless there is a life or limb emergency..

Marty
Martin Herman, M.D.

Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Sacred Heart Children's Hospital
Florida State University, Department of Pediatrics
5153 N. 9th Ave, 6th Floor Nemours Bldg
Pensacola, FL 32504
Ph: 850 416 7658(office)
Email: [log in to unmask]