Age of consent for medical trt per our state is 16 years and above, emancipated minors so we treat them as they can sign the consent forms for most trt. If they need any surgical consents or an admission etc- parental consent is reqd. Less than 16 years- parental consent is needed after medical screening deems it non emergent. In case parents/ guardians are not with the pt we take telephonic consent with 2 witnesses..

We try to obtain the telephonic consent first for all patients less than 18 yrs without their legal guardian/ parents as that streamlines the registration process and ensures consistency..

Sent from my iPhone