--- On Fri, 5/31/13, Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The characters represent sounds by themselves, but when connected to
> words, make the consonant long or short. Slashes make the next
> consonant long, the star makes the next consonant short. When connected
> to a vowel, they make give the vowel strong emphasis to it.
> The percent and dollar sign next to a vowel means the weak emphasis.

Okay. This is a start!

I would suggest using more standardised diacritics, though. There are
already well established characters that indicate shortness or length of
sound and so forth. Even doing something simple like doubling a letter
to indicate length will make your words much easier to read:

/ta*m/ang  becomes  ttamANG

Not very pretty, perhaps, but easier than trying to remember which symbol
does what where with whom and how. For example, the symbols and rules you
explained above are complex, but they still don't help me read `t#c%%h$e !

I realise the usual diacritics may be a little harder for you to deal
with, but your readers will certainly thank you for it!

> The elders of the Silknish want the pure language, but the younger
> generation want to pass the knowledge along.

Not really sure what this means...

Padraic