----- Original Message -----

While it's true that Latin script does have capitalisation as a useful reading convention,
he did actually just give us a valid reason for scrapping it, namely, the native script in
question has no case distinction. Reading Senjecas in all lower case gives one a taste
of what it's like to read the native writing without actually dealing with a foreign script.

There is no reason to force the case conventions of English onto another language just
because those conventions happen to convenient and familiar to English readers! When
transcribing my own conlangs using Latin script, I dů in fact†at times†use something
approaching an English mode of capitalisation -- as you say, it is useful and convenient
and familiar. But I don't hold anyone else to following that same practice; and I don't
even follow it consistently for all languages.

Padraic
†