> From: Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]>

> Yes, I referred to the author as someone external to what is being reported, not
> necessarily an author of a book.

Uh. Okay. I guess I'm not getting what you mean by "author" here. Nor if it's
even important that the word chosen žs "author"...

> In other words, I want to know if any languages get the concepts of "no" and "deny"
> from the same word. Or "yes" and "affirm", "may" and "guess", etc.

Okay, that seemed to come right out of left field. I suppose the answer could be
yes, I'm sure there's probably at least one language that derives those words
from the same root...

All I can say is, it ain't English! :)

Padraic