On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 19:07:45 -0400, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Sure, the asterisk discussions are most annoying. They don't come across
> as
> capable of intimidating a newcomer into thinking that Ido is a different
> language than what one sees in the textbooks. INTERLNG people don't even
> agree on pronouns and particles.

I don't recall a lot of controversy on pronouns (at least not the personal
pronouns in the usual sense), and as nearly as I can tell, the heated
controversy over particles is almost entirely due to one individual, and
the tiny handful of followers he has picked up, vigorously and vehemently
pushing his personal ideas despite the general usage of the community for
decades. Again, INTERLNG is by no means all there is to Interlingua. (More
than once recently I have considered dropping it.)

--
Paul Bartlett