On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

As in Standard French: "donne-le-lui". Although actually, Spoken French
> will often use "ša" to render "it" here, so the result would be "donne-lui
> ša" (although written separately, "ša" here is at least a clitic, maybe a
> suffix). The difference with standard French is that if for instance the
> object is separately mentioned as a noun phrase, it will still be indicated
> in the verbal complex, unless it directly follows it (in which case the
> object noun phrase will fall under the verbal accentuation, which
> effectively makes it into an incorporated object).

Now that's one thing I want to know too! So, if I understand correctly:

Object-phase verb, where object is also indicated on verb as per usual
polypersonal agreement
Verb object-phrase, no indication per polypersonal - its incorporated

Using English:

Bread I-eat-it
vs.
I bread-eat (except, in SF, all the bread is at the end of the
verb(-phrase), not the beginning

Is that right? Given that in SF, it appears almost everything precedes the
verb, having incorporation after the root would be cool...

 Thanks,
Aidan