I find this quite interesting. The only thing is that I've **never* *heard
someone say this aloud, nor have I ever seen anyone write it out like that.
I'm used to things like "and/or" and have noticed that the meaning of the
slash isn't quite the same as "and" or "or," but I find it bizarre that, if
this word is becoming as ubiquitous as the author claims, I still haven't
heard it. If it's a generational thing, I'm 19....so I feel like I ought to
have heard it among my fellow young people. Maybe it's in an even younger
generation?

The only times I would imagine hearing it spoken is when a friend is
speaking facetiously, but in that case a lot of typically novel or
ungrammatical utterances are okay. (I'm thinking of Tumblr stereotypes: "I
can't even." / "I've got so many feels." etc.) When speaking in that way,
I've noticed my friends flout grammaticality a little bit, but the
discourse's participants need to be right for it. If speaking to someone
who's out of touch with that particular style of speaking, people won't use
it because it sounds ungrammatical to them. So, I wonder where exactly
spoken and written "slash" is becoming so popular. Still interesting to
think about!

As for the new use she mentioned, I've not heard that either and it's not
something I would say or write.

I'm also interested in what others on the list have to say or if anyone's
actually heard this.

Zach

--
raa'lalí 'aa! - [sirisaá! <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conlang>]