I have used thrombin spray on occasion successfully.

John Lee

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM, rick place <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have never read of any great nonsurgical options for this problem. And I
> have watched closely for some brilliant answer because the truth is, there
> is nothing any of us would rather do less than intubate a crashing patient
> exsanguinating directly into your field of vision.
>
> One option that is so obvious I am probably offending some members of the
> list serv by even posting it is:
>
> O negative.
>
> If they are maintaining their airway and not freaking out, this might be
> the safest bridge to the OR. An option I had to employ (successfully) a
> couple of years back.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rick Place
>

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Paul.kotzampaltiris <[log in to unmask]
> >wrote:
>
> > I have had 2 successful attempts in the past 2 patients with nebulized
> > racemic epinephrine ...
> > Paul KOTZAMPALTIRIS
> > Metrowest Med Ctr
> > Framingham Union Hospital
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Oct 19, 2013, at 14:03, marc guttman <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:

> > -----------------------
> > > Sender:       Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List
> > > Poster:       marc guttman <[log in to unmask]>
> > > Subject:      Post-Tonsillectomy Bleeding

> > > Hi.=0A=0AOther than direct pressure with epinephrine soaked gauze on
> > Magill=
> > > forceps (as tolerated) and ice water, what other techniques do you all
> > emp=
> > > loy in attempts to control post-tonsillectomy bleeding?=0A=0AThanks
> > again.=
> > > =0A=0ABest,=0AMarc=0A=0A=A0=0Awww.WeDiscover.net
> > >
> > > For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with
> the
> > message: info PED-EM-L
> > > The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
> > >                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html
> >
> > For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
> > message: info PED-EM-L
> > The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
> >                  http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

> message: info PED-EM-L
> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

NOTICE: This email and any documents or attachments are intended solely for
the use of the addressed recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient,
this email and all electronic or hard copies are to be destroyed and any
further use or distribution is unauthorized.