Colleagues,

I am interested in knowing strategies that have proven successful for enhancing research efforts within your own divisions.

For instance:

Has anyone experienced a marked increase in division-wide productivity (publications, presentations, and/or grants) after hiring a part- or full-time research assistant? If so, what has been this person's specific roles? How has this person's time commitments been specified?

What has been the role of a division's "research director"? What may he/she have done well to bolster productivity?

Does your division offer any type of incentive for research productivity? If not, are there other methods to support or encourage those less involved with research?

Feel free to respond to me personally if preferred. I very much appreciate any and all input.

chris pruitt
UAB

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html