On 12/10/2013 16:35, J. 'Mach' Wust wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 08:04:18 +0100, R A Brown wrote:
[snip]

>> It seems to me that you are reading into the words
>> 'primary' and 'secondary' judgmental values that are
>> not warranted in the normal use of these words.
>
> I admire and support your firm rejection of judgemental
> connotations. However, I think connotations do not
> disappear just because we reject them. They are there
> whether we like it or not.

Darn it! I've been misusing these words all these years and
misunderstanding those around me.

Oh well, what do I know about English anyway? Though I've
been speaking it and writing it for over seventy years, I'm
only an L1 speaker after all.  I bow to your superior
knowledge of my language.

--
Ray