I would like to have them share features with terrestrial cats. Both for realism, and the fact that their world was once ours. In fact, the progenitors of the race are reincarnated humans. As for being their hauture... No. They consider their feral brethren as the same, but they have different conjugations when speaking to them.

But where should I begin?