From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

> I would like to have them share features with terrestrial cats. Both for
> realism, and the fact that their world was once ours.

Okay!

By the last statement, is this some far (far!) future Earth?

> In fact, the progenitors of the race are reincarnated humans. As for being their
> hauture... No. They consider their feral brethren as the same, but they have
> different conjugations when speaking to them.

This is an interesting idea. So we know they have a different modality when
talking to feral beings of roughly the same species. In what way are these
"conjugations" different? Do they also use different sets of pronouns? Also,
what do you mean by "conjugation" here?

> But where should I begin?

Begin at the beginning and unfold carefully!

If you look at the thread on Kalchian verbal behaviour, that is literally the
one of the first things I discovered about the language. The grammar sketch
presently consists of seven short sections: phonology, four place deixis,
animacy, animacy and agency, evidentiality, gender and verbal morphology
and syntax (this last of which is what made up the body of that original post).
The lexicon consists of a whopping one noun (dog), one verb (see/examine)
and three pronominals (I, thou, one).

You've already mentioned several interesting things: the idea of reincarnated
humans being the progenitors of this felid race; the idea of some kind of future
Earth scenario; the idea that (presumably more civilised) felids speak to their
feral relations using different word forms ("conjugations") than they would
with each other.

Start by telling us about this world, its people, how they got there. What is
their culture like? Clearly, even though you say they view their feral bretheren
as "the same", they do obviously treat them quite differently. Is there any
hint of chauvinism or racism/speciesism in these different modes of address?
For that matter, what makes these people and their feral cousins different?

That ought to keep you busy for some time!

Padraic