On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 07:53:04 +1300, James Kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This is really cool, I like that it's quite simple but still works. It feels almost like there's a zero copula in each sentence 'John (is a) reader of-books', but if it's always zero then I suppose it doesn't exist.

I thought I would need a copula for things like tense, but I haven't. Except for a few conjunctions, everything is done with formal nouns.

>The something.remembered and something.predicted seems a little bit stilted; you might need more examples that they aren't just nouns. Can all nouns function as verbs?

Well, I might use remember-PI instead (PI = inanimate patient), since that's how it's formed, or just Pst. It's just the English glossing that's really stilted, in order to show that they're not formally verbs.

Any noun can be a complement, as in Rover cat. I realized I might sometimes need to specify time with this type of complement, so it turns out that there are action nominals for non-verb roots as well.

Rover-Gen catting-DefS remember-PI. "Rover was a cat." (maybe Rouber-ko keeten-do mex-0)