Dear List Members,

I'm trying to extract bits of documentation out of odd files. There are
two options I've considered:

1. Use the command line roma2 with --dochtml and extract data from
there.

Advantage: what I extract is HTML, which is the format I ultimately
want.

Disadvantage: The markup of the ODD file is gone. For instance, it looks
like <gloss> is put in the HTML as text surrounded by parentheses.
There's no markup of any form to indicate that this used to be a gloss
in the odd. Not unsurmountable but more fragile than I'd like.

2. Use the command line roma2 with --compile to produce a compiled odd
and extract data from there.

Advantage: I benefit from the odd markup to find out what is what.

Disadvantage: I need to convert what I extract to HTML. Is odd2html.xsl
designed to handle fragments of odd and produce good results?

Is there an option I missed?

Thank you,
Louis