On 01/11/13 23:08, James Cummings wrote:

> It seems it indeed has shut.  I tried out the DHWriter tool, and found
> the TEI that it produces interesting.  Like some similar tools it
> seems to have a problem with nesting heirarchies in that chapter
> headings and section headings, etc. all seem to be exported in TEI as
> something like:

> This seems quite a lossy TEI export.

Indeed, though it is at least honest: it presents a flattened view of a
document as being no more than a sequence of paragraphs, or maybe blocks
would be a better term , rendered in various ways. For some purposes, I
suppose, that is adequate enough. From the point of interchange, at
least it more or less respects the semantics of TEI elements, though it
would be much better if they were <ab> elements.

I'd rather see that than -- say -- locally-invented non-TEI elements
infecting the TEI namespace!