On 07/11/13 17:39, James Cummings wrote:
> On 07/11/13 17:30, Lou Burnard wrote:
>>>
>>> I think this works the same way that @ref functions on <name>.
>>> If more than one value is supplied, in that case, the the
>>> implication is that the name identifies several distinct
>>> entities. In this case if more than one value is provided in
>>> @corresp then the current element corresponds in some way to
>>> those two targets as several distinct entities.  In my opinion
>>> it may correspond to #x and #y for different reasons.
>>

>> In which case, using @corresp to say that this seg in lang1
>> corresponds to/translates these two segs in lang2 is not an
>> option. Which seems a shame.
>
> I'm not sure I see why not? This translated seg in lang1 corresponds
> to each of the distinct entities in the two segs in lang2?
>
> Maybe I'm just not seeing it clearly today, but it seems fine to use
> this to say that the first seg corresponds to these two other segs.
> That in this project the correspondence _happens_ to be that it
> concatenates it is something I'd document elsewhere.
>
> -James

Consider the following

<s xml:id="s1" xml:lang="en" corresp="#s2 #s3 #s4">The monkey is in the
tree</s>
<s xml:id="s2" xml:lang="fr">Le singe</s>
<s xml:id="s3" xml:lang="fr">est dans l'arbre</s>
<s xml:id="s4" xml:lang="de">Der affe  in baum ist</s>

How would you document that it is s2 and s3 together which correspond
with s4 and s1?