Hi Rob,

Various editions of the Greek New Testament include translations (e.g.
Syriac, Coptic, and Latin) as witnesses. (Sometimes as individual
manuscripts, sometimes as a language-specific group.) If a
back-translation only supports one of the textual states found among the
Greek witnesses then the translation can be used as a witness at a
variation site.

Best,

Tim Finney