Hi Andreas (and TEI-L),

That may indeed be a typo. I'm not entirely sure, as soon as any
element is 'datable' (by which we mean is a member of the
att.datable class and thus gets this collection of attributes
involved in dating things) surely in some senses it becomes an
'event'.

But I think I'm splitting hairs there and 'element' would be
clearer, so I've gone ahead and just made that change in the
source.  You can see the change live on one of the Jenkins
continuous integration servers the TEI runs. e.g.
http://teijenkins.hcmc.uvic.ca/

Just to remind members of the TEI community, you can all report
bugs and place feature requests and there are several methods to
do so:

a) Submit them, once logged in, directly on the TEI Sourceforge
Website at: http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/ and
http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/. This is
definitely the easiest for us and gives you a way you can
continue to contribute to the ticket as the the TEI Technical
Council (and anyone else who is interested) debates it.

b) Email them to [log in to unmask] which goes to the chair of
Technical Council (currently me) who will then create a ticket on
your behalf.

c) Email to TEI-L and hope that someone else either implements it
directly (as I've just done) or creates a ticket for it.  This is
obviously the least reliable since things do occasionally slip by
us on TEI-L. ;-)

--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]