Il 22/11/2013 15:20, Lauranne BERTRAND ha scritto:
> Hello,

> elements are used for the representation of your original document as a
> physical object (as you say, the document level). It's why you don't
> find <rs> or <name> inside.
>
> If you want to mark personals name, I think you must encode your text a
> second time in <text>. You will have, at the end, one <text> and one
> <sourceDoc> that you can link together with attributes.

Actually you're not forced to do that: <line> allows for marking words
well). So if you only want to markup a handful of <name>s inside <line>s
you can do that already within the scope of <sourceDoc> and without
needing any custom element.

I agree, though, that if you want to encode your text with extensive
analytical markup then <text> is the way to go.

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      roberto.rossellidelturco at unito.it
Dipartimento di Studi           rosselli at ling.unipi.it
Umanistici                      Then spoke the thunder  DA
Universita' di Torino           Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)