The inconsistency does seem a bit odd I agree. But you could argue it
either way -- maybe it's wrong to allow @script to have multiple tokens!

Both these attributes used to be "cdata" which allowed you to write any
old text in there and have it be regarded as a single value. Let's not
revisit the reasons that's not such a clever idea and why we started
introducing things like "data.enumerated" to say explicitly that an
attribute has a coded value -- or values if more than one is permitted.
The problem we want to avoid is the ambiguity as to whether "@att="two
values" is a single value with a space in the middle or two distinct
ones (in which case it probably means the same as @att="values two")

I suspect we left @script as multiple words delimited by white space
because all the example script names we could think of had multiple
words in them, whereas  (until you came along!) no-one had suggested
anything other than a single word to describe @medium.

I'm interested however that you seem to require this because you regard
@medium as inherently supplying two pieces of information -- the  ink
and the thing used to apply it . Is that generally applicable? Should we
perhaps provide two different attributes ?