Hi Christian,

My first remark is that, while you take care to preserve the semantics
of @altid inside an alternative mechanism, you've actually demonstrated
two kinds of @altid semantics below, which need not (perhaps sometimes
should not) preserve the ambiguity when getting translated into a new
mechanism.

The second remark is: if the cost of the alternatives, in terms of
construction "heaviness" is an issue (and I can see your reasons), why
not get minimalistic about it and go for just @project:altid, i.e.
define @altid within a non-TEI namespace? This is by all means a kosher
approach ;-)

Best,