Can you please provide an example for this issue?
If you don't want your own changes to be ignored, you can set the "!important" value in CSS.
Also this problem can be caused by wrong selectors or you can solve it by using more specified selectors (CSS-Path). More specified rules get a higher priority.

Best,
Mathias