2013/11/8 Gabriel Bodard <[log in to unmask]>

> Just brief reply, since my expertise on SAWS has already been exceeded :-) but I believe pretty strongly that SAWS's use of `<relation/>` to encode relationships between passages of text is *not* tag abuse, nor is it unlicensed by the TEI Guidelines. I do think (and if I remember corrected Council were in agreement) that the Guidelines need more explicitly to say so. I believe there's even an example in the pipeline to do just that. I'll see if I can find it.

Yes it seems to me as well that <relation> dominion has been
generalized in the description, though it appears in the context of
names dates etc. chapter of the Guidelines:

<q>(relationship) describes any kind of relationship or linkage
amongst a specified group of places, events, persons, objects or other
items</q>

Anyway I would take seriously the idea of adding RDFa attributes to
TEI vocabulary...