Hi all,

after finally having encoded  my docs (letters), I'm now working on the visualization part (using OxyGen).
I plan two different visualizations, one suited for easier reading (showing ex, corr, reg etc.) and one closer to the original manuscript (showing am, orig, abbreviation endings in superscript etc.)

I've come quite far, considering my *less than perfect (euphemism)* understanding of xsl. Some problems remained though:

1. change rendering for hi rend='superscript'
In the "easy-read" version, I managed to get hi rend='superscript' down with some tweaking in core.xsl, but now it's in italics (I want it plain):

<xsl:template match="tei:hi">
    <xsl:variable name="rend">
      <xsl:choose>

          <xsl:when test="@rend and not(@rend='superscript')">
      <xsl:value-of select="@rend"/>
    </xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>italic</xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:variable>

I tried some things, but completely failed. What exactly does the xsl:otherwise part do in the script? It seems to be irrelevant - I can put there what I want, no element in my markup is bothered by it.

2. Line Height
In the "original", the standard transformation causes lines without superscripts or <add place='above'> to have another line-height than those with these elements. I'd like to simply increase the line-height of p alltogether in order to get rid of the problem.
I hoped that this would be possible by saving the referred css-file (http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/stylesheet/tei.css) locally, point to it in the paramenters in oxygen and simply add a css line for p with line-height. The outcome?
a)nothing changed for p
b)the whole css styling of my body collapsed - this also happens when pointing to the unchanged, but locally stored tei.css . It only works referring to the web-URL, so I can't edit the file.

I'm grateful for every hint to solve these issues.
Best,
Werner