Oliver and list-- Apologies for the bad reading of the TEI this morning. I
obviously haven't used grammatical markup (morphemes, sentences,
characters, glyphs)  much--and misread <c> according to my own projects
(indeed mistaking what it even can contain).

I see now (thanks to Alexei and Lauranne) and  that using <text> makes
sense but that it would mean producing a second copy of the text to encode
for context names, etc. It seems odd that we can code grammatical units
like <s> and <cl> (and add coding of named entities within these), but
can't identify names directly. It's an interesting problem.

Sorry for blatant idiocy (induced by incessant grading of papers that are
not written in TEI),
Elisa

--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD