Not TEI specific, but of interest if you are in the Northeast. If you are at an institution that has open data, please bring it to my attention so we can add it to our list. Ideas for specific projects are welcome! And please consider sponsoring a Challenge.

Apologies for cross-posting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chad Nelson
Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
Subject: [PhillyDigitalHumanities] GLAM Hack Philly - Feb 1-2, 2014
To: phillydh <[log in to unmask]>

GLAM Hack Philly is a free, weekend-long hackathon focused on building apps with open data from Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums. It will take place the weekend of February 1-2, 2012 at the University of Pennsylvania’s Kislak Center for Special Collections.

The event will bring together programmers, curators, librarians, designers, archivists, and anyone else with a passion for GLAM data, to build fun and interesting apps with the tremendous amount of GLAM data that is openly and freely available. On the morning of Saturday, February 1st, participants can pitch ideas for projects related to a specific data set or for broader GLAM-related applications. This could be anything from creating Omeka plug-ins to building a virtual city tour app using local digital collections. Small groups will form and participants will begin working on their projects through Sunday, with a goal to present a working prototype by Sunday afternoon.

Challenges and Data

We are seeking proposals of Data Challenges for teams to work on during the hackathon. Challenges can be as simple as a dataset and a vague idea of what could be done with that data, or could be an already identified problem with your data that you are seeking help to solve.

The only requirements for proposing a challenge are:

--
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)

--