On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 16:13:13 -0500, MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> One more thing: these could be put on Archive.org for posterity as well.
>
> https://archive.org/about/faqs.php#Uploading_Content

Thanks for this link. I will check it out.

> 2013/12/24 MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]>
>
>> The more the better! I'm really enjoying seeing these, thanks Paul.

There are a paltry few other items in the Library of Congress, but some of
them seem not (to me) to be worth scanning or else are too large (such as
one multi-lingual vocabulary) to scan into a photographic like image PDF.

>> To turn the subject back to the related Occitan idea of mine again: how
>> would members of the list design such a language? Something akin to LsF
>> in
>> that it has a single source, but the source just happens to be modern
>> Occitan. How would one design a language that relies on a single source
>> for
>> vocabulary, yet manages to be independent and easy to learn? [...]

I am not sufficiently familiar with Occitan to respond to this particular
point. However, the (old) proposals with regard to Interlingua / Latino
sine Flexione are (were) that Latin was a widespread, almost Europe (and
even further) wide, genuine auxiliary language for over a thousand years.
I don't think Occitan can come anywhere near making such a claim.

--
Paul Bartlett