I’m not European (though I’m curious to know what gave that impression). I was born in Australia, and live there now, but had most of my schooling in the US (the NYTimes dialect quiz places me in the vicinity of New York, Jersey City and Yonkers, apparently because I say “sneakers”).

Also, I’m a “he” (a common point of confusion, due to my name ending in -a). I’m named after the Hindu god. (Well, in principle, my name could be feminine, if it ended in long -ā; but then it would refer to Śiva’s consort, Pārvatī!)

Anyway, I digress…

Siva

Sent with Mail Pilot