Connecticut Children’s Medical Center and The University of Connecticut is seeking an additional faculty member to add to our growing and unique Division of Pain Medicine.  This Division includes providers with expertise in acute and chronic pain, procedural sedation, integrative medicine and palliative care.

We are seeking candidates with experience in procedural sedation who also have experience or strong interest in pediatric pain medicine.    The selected candidate will join our pediatric sedation service and have an opportunity to further develop interests within the breadth of our Division’s mission.  Excellent opportunities exist to be involved in clinical care, teaching, research and administrative roles.

Physicians with passion and training in hospital medicine, critical care, anesthesia or emergency medicine will be considered.   The selected candidate will receive an academic appointment commensurate with experience at The University of Connecticut School of Medicine.

Our sedation service is experiencing a period of growth and positive change as we expand our team, begin to design our very own procedural sedation unit and expand our clinical offerings.    We enjoy a strong and collaborative relationship with the Anesthesia Department and envision a clinically integrated “Center of Procedure Excellence.”   This center will be focused on delivering the individualized care and appropriate resources that each child needs to successfully complete his/her diagnostic test or procedure.

Connecticut Children’s is a 187-bed freestanding hospital in Hartford, CT committed to:
•           Providing outstanding clinical and pain free care for children.
•           Performing and supporting cutting edge clinical and basic research. Connecticut Children’s maintains a Division of Research, a Research Center, a Childhood database Center, an Injury Prevention Center and serves as a satellite for the General Child Research center for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
•           Excellence in teaching, as CT Children’s is home of the University of Connecticut School of Medicine residency program in pediatrics.

Connecticut Children’s Specialty Group, Inc. is a 150+physician, multi-specialty pediatric group (medical & surgical), which is closely affiliated with Connecticut Children’s.  The position offers a competitive salary with a full and comprehensive benefits package.

Hartford is a family city well positioned equally between New York City and Boston, MA.   The area is known for amazing private and public schools, great museums, and outstanding recreational opportunities to hike, bike, swim, ski, snowshoe or golf.    Plenty of options for mountains and beaches are close by as well.

For more information please contact, and forward your CV to, Dr. Mick Connors at [log in to unmask]  Dr. Bill Zempsky at [log in to unmask]

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html