Those patients will need most likely a blood draw anyhow so our nurses will place an angiocath at the same time.
A quick US done by us will check if the bladder is full and if not we will give a bolus NS and then check the bladder again with our US. Before shipping her to radiology for a formal US.

Giora Winnik
Maimonides  Brooklyn

> On Jan 9, 2014, at 5:39 PM, "Pickett, Anthony" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Typically, we will place a foley in the ED. Once in place, they will go to the Ultrasuond dept for the study.
>

> Anthony Pickett, M.D.
> Dept. of Emergency Medicine
> Phoenix Children's Hospital

This e-mail has been scanned by McAfee Managed Email Content Service.  To report
any issues regarding e-mail SPAM ONLY, please call the Helpdesk at