I only treat "w" as a component of some vowels such as "sWAn", "cOW",
"WAter". It never stands alone in my scheme. And I could probably get
away with discarding "w" entirely and using "u" in its place. "suan"
for "swan",  "kau" for "cow", "uater" for "water". It seems very
vowelish in such words.

Likewise I could dispense with "y" and use "i", "ai", "ie". "ee"
...etc. in many cases: "sillie baisikel" or "sillee baisikul" for
"silly bicycle". ("ul" is, of course, a vowel. ;-)

--gary