On 1/2/2014 9:36 PM, Sylvia Sotomayor wrote:
> I've posted here before about the new language, currently called
> Sodna-lɛni. It's undergone some (many) changes since the last time I
> mentioned it, and even some changes since I used it for the latest
> relay.
>
> The new grammar document (along with a history of the development of
> the language) is available at http://fiatlingua.org/2014/01/
>
> Comments are always appreciated. :-)

It would be interesting to see some examples of the changes from earlier
versions.

I like the idea of a language with a closed class of verbs, and using
the verbs to express motion makes sense. You could say that the
prefixing adverbs allow you to add to the closed list of verb stems, but
it looks like those adverbs are themselves a closed class.

Using symbols for glosses takes some getting used to, but the nice thing
is that you can quickly spot which word is the verb. I guess the hard
part is learning how to use them, not remembering which symbol goes with
which verb.