Not quite what you are looking for, but to add further confusion....
Chinese uses its verbs for open and close where English uses turn
on/off, so one opens the lights, opens the computer, and IIRC open the
car does not refer to the door but the engine of said vehicle ... So
you can add turn off to your verbal polysemy for close.

Adam