On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Not quite what you are looking for, but to add further confusion....
> Chinese uses its verbs for open and close where English uses turn
> on/off, so one opens the lights, opens the computer, and IIRC open the

gj-zym-byn does the same with its open/close verbs.  As best as I can
recall I wasn't aware that Chinese does this; it seemed a fairly
obvious semantic extension.

> On 1/3/14, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I would like to know about nat- and conlangs that have a single word
>> for the verbs "to close" and "to confine" and maybe "to lock" and "to
>> arrest".

gzb derives both "close" and "lock" from "open", but they aren't the
same word; "lock" glosses as "render un-open-able".

---
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/
http://www.jimhenrymedicaltrust.org