On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 15:20:42 -0800, Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>For all practical purposes, Ecclesiastical Latin is identical with Classical
>Latin (though with rather more alleluias and fewer futatrices). As I
>understand it, the Latin of the Vulgate is the same as the Latin of other
>written works of the age.

Oh, good, that makes everything easier! I was under the impression that
EL was already quite a ways downhill from CL.

By the way, I mentioned Norman vocab in English before, but considering
my previous post, perhaps modern-day Hebrew is a better analogy. Unlike
Hebrew, the CL would have been very close to the spoken language, and
thus easier to swallow when it was re-introduced.

Cheers