Hi Gleki

Not being a geek, I don't fully understand the existing description of
the bug, but it doesn't seem that the propsed fix would do what you
say:

On 1/13/14, Gleki Arxokuna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Mediawiki, the engine that Wikipedia runs on has an annoying bug.
> If the bug was fixed it would be possible while clicking on a selected
> image (e.g. the image of a French flag) immediately change to French
> interface of the wiki.
>
> Of course, for other languages as well.

In a Wikipedia article, the navigation menu on the left has a list of
languages that have an article on the same topic,  in the Wikipedia
interface for that language. And that's how it should be.

If on the other hand, you just want to do a search in a Wikipedia in
another language, you just go to http://www.wikipedia.org/ and there
you'll find the links to the versions of Wikipedia in all languages
where you can do your search. There are too many for them to be listed
- let alone illustrated by a flag - on top of all WP articles. Not to
mention the fact that for many languages, there wouldn't be a flag:
take Wikipedia in Urdu for instance.

Or did I miss something in your message?

Claude