2014/1/9 Allison Swenson <[log in to unmask]>

> I've never done it just in an "ordinary" sentence, but in trying and
> annoying situations I've had to catch myself before I come out with the
> Tirina phrase "epaltali" (which more or less means "oh, bother!"). I think
> it has less to do with the creation of the conlang, though, and more to do
> with me using Tirina in writing stories, with one of my characters being
> very fond of that expression.
>
> This is deviating a bit from the original topic, but I also have noticed
> that there's certain things where when I look at or think about them, the
> Tirina word comes to mind as quickly as the English one, even when I
> haven't been thinking about or working on Tirina at all. "Sali" for water
> is one, "ayirdoya" for horse is another. Both have been in Tirina for a
> very long time, however, so that might just be why they come to mind so
> easily.

I have the same experiences with Angosey; sometimes the Angosey word comes
as quickly as the English word...sometimes even quicker.  Since (in the
hubris of my 16 year old self) I designed Angosey to describe certain
situations *better* than English, this phenomenon is perhaps not
surprising.  However, the experience I reported at the beginning of this
thread is the only time I can recall almost saying an Angosey word to
someone else.  Usually the "real languages" and "Angosey" parts of my brain
are on entirely different wavelengths.