When I was young it was all the rage to ask someone to look down inside his/her shirt and spell "attic".
Charlie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Henry" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:19:25 AM
Subject: Re: THEORY: Is there a name for malicious, phonetically ambiguous phrases?

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Guy A asks guy B a random question and B answers it. So, A starts to laugh
> while interpreting the question as a different one that is phonetically

I recall a joke that was current among elementary school students when
I was one, in the early 1980s.  One asks one's interlocutor what one
calls water with ice in it, then tea with ice in it, then ink...?  And
supposedly one's interlocutor is supposed to say "Iced ink" =~ "I
stink", though it didn't always work out that way.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/