I started doing this late November, well not exactly. I was trying to create a (non-bogo) conlang out of Oscan by having a pocket of it survive somewhere. The first and biggest problem I encountered was the dearth of information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AmneUyUnTvHpdEZOc1J0Yzl6V2xvMk42R3VXV3JJWEE&usp=drive_web
Here is a table of the morphology that I could pluck from various old grammars. I think quite a few forms are conjecture on my part. Feel free, anyone who knows anything about Oscan or Umbrian, to comment or make suggestions here or in a pm. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My next big obstacle is vocabulary, but hopefully I can borrow a lot of vocabulary from probably Greek and Latin and make up the rest based on Umbrian or Latin words.

I did briefly consider the approach that you mention ie just replacing Latin with Oscan.

James