This will be an interesting thread.
Before it begins, could I ask whether we are stating for the sake of it that the minor to whom you refer is the patient who's in your care?
I am 99% certain that this is what you meant, as this is a PEM list, but my practice is only about 25% PEM and I am quite certain the answer would be different if the child is not the patient, only in the company of the patient.
So please confirm.
Thanks.

> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:26:04 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Questioning a minor
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Question for the groupů
> Does anyone know about the legalities of questioning a minor (lets say a 9 yr old) about the possibilities of parental abuse without that parent's consent to question them?
> If someone witnessed potentially abusive behavior of a child in your hospital and notified you, could you question the child without the parents permission?
> Thanks

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html