On 18/02/2014 11:22, Řyvind Eide wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Is it correct to say that we know of an event (a funeral) through the inscription, and that Fabius Honoratus played a role in that event? Or is it more to the point to say that the inscription claims that such an event happened? Or does the idea of an event in this case sound strange to the scholarly thinking around such inscriptions?

The good thing about event based modelling (and encoding) is that it makes it easy to clarify some of the role issues. The problem is that it may be a bit cumbersome to encode.

Richard

[1] http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-event.html

--
Richard Light