On 05/02/14 20:09, Gerrit BrĂ¼ning wrote:
> Now I find that <zone> may not only contain <line>, but also
> phrase-level elements. Morever, <line> may even contain <zone>.
> Isn't there any defined nesting order?
> In comparison, making <line> p-like seems harmless to me.

But isn't the problem here that you are relating things like zone
and line to things like paragraphs and other logical structures?
I can completely understand having zones inside lines. Let's say
I have a ransom note where physical lines on the page are made up
of cut-out letters all at slightly different rotations that I
want to mark.  The <line> element is used for the line of text on
the surface, and the zone could be used inside it for the
individual letters. For the same reason one zone could represent
a paragraph and another sibling (or nested if it makes more
sense) zone could represent a single illuminated letter depending
on their layout on the surface.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]