And I can't remember ever talking Syd out of anything, certainly not this!

@sameAs is intended for cases where the samde thing needs (for some reason) to be marked up as if it were multiple things. The usual example is a node in a feature structure network which features somehow in two places at once; like Hugh, I can't see why this shouldn't be another (and perhaps more accessible) use case.

I may have suggested to Syd that such an encoding might however be TCBH (too clever by half) -- in the sense that very few of the many processors for <pb/>s around would be likely to do the right thing when they found it.