First of all, thanks to you for all the work you've done. I, as a silent
active member of this list, almost never notice you sitting there with your
scepter of command (except for the monthly FAQ, which has become my method
of tracking the passing of the seasons since I've joined).

George Marques
http://georgemarques.com.br

2014-02-04 Henrik Theiling <[log in to unmask]>:

> Dear Conlang List!
>
> Since John Cowan passed the sceptre of administration to me, I've been
> your benevolent dictator.  This change happened a long time ago, and I was
> quite active then, but now, I am not arround much on this list anymore.  I
> have waited too long to announce my resignation, but now finally I do:
>
> I will resign from my administrator task of the Conlang mailing list.
>
> Before doing that, I will handle one last thing and conduct a proper
> democratic (or let's call it benevolently dictatorial) election of my
> successor.

I wonder if there's a need to have one and only one administrator for this
list. Maybe this is a requirement for a dictatorship (even a benevolent
one) or I might be missing something else. A single person can not be
available at all times and two has more chance to attend the needs of the
community. Of course, the more people to share the throne, the more
arguments will there be to choose the rightful owner of it and less actual
governing will exist. Anyway, this was supposed to be a question, but I
don't see where I should put the interrogation mark.

>  [snip]

Best regards,
>    Henrik (Your Benevolent Dictator)

And thanks again!