On 4 February 2014 20:01, Henrik Theiling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I will resign from my administrator task of the Conlang mailing list.

Dear Henrik, it is sad to see you go, but I quite understand that after
some time one wants to change things. Nothing lasts forever, after all. In
any case, thank you very much for your work as our benevolent dictator.

> Before doing that, I will handle one last thing and conduct a proper
> democratic (or let's call it benevolently dictatorial) election of my
> successor.

Well, a good dictator would have adopted a few heirs, ordered them to kill
each other, and the last one standing would then inherit the throne :). But
your way looks OK too ;).

On 4 February 2014 20:52, Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Does HE have a phalanx of peacock guards too?

IIRC, the Benevolent Dictator of the Conlang Mailing List only gets two
peacock bodyguards, and something like 50 minions (some human, some sheep).
The peacocks, however, are elite soldiers trained in the secret arts of
beak-jitsu and feather-do :P. And all this is somewhat compensated by the
right to use the volcanic island summer hideout and the yacht/submarine
with VTOL jet :).

>  If so, Imma hafta look into
> becoming dictator of something or other, maybe my back porch can become a
> micronation... gotta get me some of those attack peacocks.

Micronations work fine, but you only get a phalanx of micro-peacocks then!
;)
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets
President of the Language Creation Society (http://conlang.org/)