Maybe an average between the "average number of phonemes per glyph" and the
"avergade number of glyph per phoneme". Usually, this kind of measure is
done with a harmonic mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_mean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_Score (a score that made by using the
harmonic mean between the precision and the recall of a system)