Here's what you're looking for:
http://scienceavenger.blogspot.com/2007/12/cambridge-word-scramble-study-its-fake.html
 ---quote---
In a way this is a cheap magician's trick, because the only reason
people can read the scrambled words is because they aren't very
scrambled. Fixing the first and last letters means 2 and 3 letter
words don't change at all, and 4 letter words just swap the middle
letters. That's the bulk of our vocabulary. Try making a sentence with
very long words, and our ability to read words "as a whole"
mysteriously vanishes. To wit:

Bblaaesl pryleas pnmrrioefg sllaimy aeoulltsby dvrseee clbrpmaaoe tteenmrat.
---end quote---