"Do well"  is probably common in Indian usage because of the British tradition; it's also common in US amongst "careful" speakers. But we also throw in the occasional "do good"-- e.g. "I did well on that exam ~ I did good on that exam" etc.As I say below, I think "good" here is more colloquial, and was frowned on by all my grade school teachers back in the Dark Ages  ;-)

One place were well and good are not so easily interchangeable, IMHSO, is in discussing health vs. general stuff--

I'd say "I don't feel well".... but maybe also "I don't feel good"-- it's OK but more colloquial.
OTOH "I feel good [because something good happened to me]" NOT "I feel well [because ditto]."

And of course plain "well" and "good" are not interchangeable in something like "John isn't well" referring to his health.

YAEUT !!!!